£2.3 million grant funding from Europe to help boost the rural economy in
Torridge and North Devon
Once again our area has been successful in securing LEADER funding to distribute as grants for our rural communities and businesses. Building on the success of previous rounds of funding, LEADER 5 has much more of an economic focus and we want to hear from projects that will help to create new jobs and will have a positive impact for our businesses and wider rural economy.
The area covered by LEADER 5 is all of Torridge and North Devon, but excludes Barnstaple, Bickington and Roundswell (as this is funding for rural areas only).
If you have a project idea, please:
1. check that your project will be based within the eligible area
2. check that your project fits with ONE of our priorities (individual businesses please click on Priority 2, even if your project fits with another priority area as well):
• Priority 1 Support to increase farm productivity
• Priority 3 Support for rural tourism
• Priority 4 Provision of rural services
• Priority 5 Support for cultural and heritage activity
• Priority 6 Support for increasing forestry productivity
3. contact us on 01237 426 423 to go through a basic check and if eligible, we can send you an Outline Application form and further guidance.
IMPORTANT - because of the processes we have to follow and the time it can take for
you to make strong outline and full applications, you realistically need to allow for around 4 months for the application process from start to finish. Unfortunately we cannot make exceptions or take short-cuts for time-sensitive projects.
LEADER is the Local Action part of the Rural Development Programme for England.
It is funded by European grant from the Common Agricultural Policy and by Defra.
More information can be found here.
The European Agricultural
Fund for Rural Development:
Europe investing in rural areas