What is North Devon+
North Devon+ provides a primary focus for regeneration, tourism and business development across Northern Devon.
We are the economic delivery agency for the area, working with Torridge District Council, North Devon Council, Devon County Council, and the private sector to deliver projects and initiatives that encourage and support business growth, improve quality of life, and address social and economic inequalities.
Tourism is a key business sector for the area and for us. With our extensive private sector membership of over 500 businesses, we act as the Area Tourism Partnership for North Devon and Torridge, marketing the area as a year-round high quality destination, providing a wide range of membership services for local businesses, and representing and driving forward the interests of the sector. We work closely with Exmoor National Park and Somerset-based partners to ensure a seamless service is also provided to businesses on Exmoor.
But our focus is not just upon tourism. We support business growth opportunities across all sectors and undertake a wide range of projects to increase opportunity and prosperity within the area. Any business can become a member of North Devon+ through our general business package, which entitles members, not only to benefit from a wide range of services, designed to support business growth, but also to participate in a wider vision for Northern Devon. We have a separate membership package for Food & Drink businesses.
We are a not-for-profit organisation with both public and private sector shareholders. Any surpluses are reinvested in economic regeneration.
Our Vision and Aim
Our vision is for our region to be "an attractive and vibrant place to live, learn, work and visit, based upon a high quality environment and a prosperous and sustainable economy".
Our aim is to create the conditions in which the above vision can be achieved through a planned and measured approach in partnership with stakeholders.
To achieve our vision and core aim, we have a number of strategic objectives which focus our activity:
- To develop a strong diverse and sustainable rural economy based on a high quality environment.
- To increase the prosperity of Northern Devon's ‘priority places', increasing access to services and opportunities.
- To raise the skill levels of the workforce and those entering employment.
- To develop North Devon+ as the economic delivery agent for Northern Devon.
- To identify and generate new funding opportunities and revenue streams to support and deliver the economic priorities identified within the Strategic Investment Framework for Northern Devon.